n-Link Corporation was founded in 1995 as a high-end enterprise IT solutions firm attracting high-flying performers to join our company of owners. As a woman-owned small business, the founder created an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) in 1999 and 10 years later became 100% ESOP-owned. In 2011, the company was selected as a "Top Small Company Workplaces" by Inc. Magazine and was awarded the prestigious "Innovation Award" by the National Center for Employee Ownership (NCEO). n-Link has also won a place on Inc. Magazine's 500/5000 fastest growing companies list for several years.
Provide virtualization engineering, analysis, and management in support of the Department of Commerce applications, storage, disaster recovery, networks, and systems. Support of LAN, WAN, and IP storage systems; including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting operating systems and countermeasures. Configure and maintain complex virtualization environment including IP/Storage network systems.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to the virtualization team.
- Perform the operations daily health check to ensure that the network storage is operational.
- Provide node management, maintenance, and troubleshooting efforts for projects critical to the business.
- Provide Tier3 support in troubleshooting of the storage & virtualization network related issues and problems.
- Ensure that the storage and its components are patched with the latest software version, security updates, and hotfixes.
- Conduct research to improve performance and enable storage/virtualization environment stability and availability.
- Lead and coordinate troubleshooting as required.
- Resolve and close tickets in accordance with government/ customers SLAs.
- Develop, implement, and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Cross-train and mentor other engineers to improve coverage and team performance.
- 10+ years of experience managing different storage technologies: EMC, Compellent, and NetApps.
- 10+ years of experience designing and deploying storage networks (FCoE, FC, iSCSI).
- 10+ years of experience in Cisco L2 switching and L3 routing (Nexus Technologies).
- 10+ years of experience in designing, troubleshooting distributed Data Centers.
- 10+ years of experience virtual infrastructure design, deploy, and maintain.
- 10+ years of experience in enterprise disaster recovery solutions.
- 5-10 years of experience in working with Dell blade servers, brocade FC switches.
- 5+ years of experience in working with Linux system.
- 5+ years of experience in design, configuration, and troubleshooting vRealize, vVol, vSAN, and NSX.
- Excellent customer service skills and understanding of ITIL.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must have the ability to communicate technical and security-related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff and management.
- CCNP in Data Center is required.
- VCP certification (VCP 6-DCV) is preferred.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- 10 or more years of storage experience, building, supporting, and troubleshooting distributed storage solutions in mission-critical environments.
- Experience administering Compellent enterprise & mid-tier storage subsystems split-mirror, snapshot backups and remote storage replication.
- Demonstrated experience implementing storage and replication across multiple sites using Compellent Storage System.
- Technical position requires advanced knowledge of the following technologies: BrocadeFibre Channel, Clustering technologies, Compellent CIFS, NAS, DAS, CAS, Unified Storage Architectures, Storage Virtualization, NFS, FCoE, and iSCSI.
- Experience implementing storage solutions for VMware , Microsoft, and Linux environments.
- Experience administering CommVault enterprise backup and recovery software, and must possess a strong understanding of how the SAN is affecting enterprise Backup solutions.
- Demonstrated experience in Hyperconverged technologies.
- CCIE in Data Center.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Cyber Security or similar field. Relative experience in these fields and additional specialized certifications can also be considered as an option.
BENEFITS & PERKS:
n-Link provides competitive benefits to include, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY COMPANY STATEMENT:
n-Link is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, ancestry, religion, orientation, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, genetic information, handicap or veteran status. ~Section 508 Disclaimer: n-Link is committed to ensuring that our Career Portal Site is accessible to the widest possible audience. We are continually improving accessibility by following all recommended guidelines outlined in Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act Amendments of 1998. If you or someone else, needs assistance in applying to one of our advertised positions, please contact someone from our Human Resources Team for assistance. Please describe the nature of the problem and the section where the difficulty was encountered. We will do our best to provide you with the information you require so that you are able to apply to the position.